Effective Date: December 12, 2023
Revised: December 12, 2023
Information Collection: OBR is the sole owner of the information collected via the Services. We do not sell or rent your information to any third-party.
By clicking “Accept Cookies” or clicking anywhere on an OBR webpage or into any content on our websites, you consent to the use and placement of cookies. Use the “Cookie Settings” button to learn more about the cookies we use. We take security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access, and we comply with all applicable laws and regulations. By using our websites, you consent to the terms outlined in this Policy. If you have any questions or concerns, regarding our website, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by any other means set forth in this Policy.
2. Volunteer Registration Information: When you choose to register as a volunteer through our website or mobile application, we collect the information that you provide to us including, but not limited to, your:
• Phone number
• Emergency contact information
• Additional optional information, which may include employer, profession, medications, and allergies.
3. Contact Forms, Emails, Donors, and Inquiries: You may provide us, and we may collect your email address, phone number, or other contact information to respond to inquiries, provide support, or communicate with you regarding our Services.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect for any lawful purpose, including, but not limited to the following:
1. Volunteer Management: We use the information you provide during volunteer registration to manage and coordinate volunteer activities effectively.
2. Communication: We may use your contact information to send you important updates, notifications, or information.
3. Surveys and Contests: We may request information from you via surveys or contests, but your participation is voluntary. Information collected through surveys may be used to monitor and enhance user satisfaction and improve our organization.
4. Fundraising: We may use information you provide to us as part of our fundraising efforts.
Third Parties: While OBR manages its own Services, we do engage third parties to provide services, support, and for other legal purposes. We may share your information with third-parties when necessary. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information in a non-aggregated, non-anonymous basis.
User Data Deletion Requests
Operation BBQ Relief (OBR) is committed to providing users with control over their personal data. If you wish to request the deletion of your data from our systems, please follow the steps outlined below:
1. Submit a Deletion Request: To initiate the data deletion process, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Data Deletion Request.” In the body of the email, clearly state that you are requesting the deletion of your personal data and provide any additional information that can help us locate and verify your records.
2. Verification Process: To protect the security and privacy of your data, we may need to verify your identity before processing the deletion request. This may involve additional steps to ensure that the person making the request is the rightful owner of the data.
3. Response Time: We will make reasonable efforts to respond to your deletion request within 30 days of receiving a complete and verified request.
4. Limitations on Deletion: In certain circumstances, we may be unable to fulfill your deletion request if retention of the data is necessary for legal or legitimate business purposes. We will inform you of any such limitations when responding to your request.
5. Confirmation of Deletion: Upon successful completion of the deletion process, we will notify you via the email address provided in your deletion request. Please note that residual copies of your data may remain in our backup systems for a limited period.
6. Contact Information: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the deletion of your data or the status of your deletion request, please contact us at:
Address: 22720 Joe Holt Parkway, Peculiar, MO 64078
7. Your Responsibilities: It is essential to keep your contact information up to date to ensure effective communication regarding your data deletion request. Please notify us promptly of any changes to your contact details.
Please be aware that certain legal or business requirements may necessitate the retention of specific data even after a deletion request has been processed. Our commitment is to handle your data deletion requests promptly and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Links to Other Websites
Our Services may contain links to external websites, applications, or elsewhere. Please note that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these third-parties. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of any website that collects personally identifiable information.
We will receive any information that you provide to us. In many instances, we will use your contact information to respond to you, answer your inquiries, and provide you information. If you voluntarily participate in OBR contests, we will use your contact information for the purpose of notifying contest winners and awarding prizes, as well as to communicate with you regarding the contest and prize delivery. We may also use your contact information to provide you information about future contests, OBR events and activities, and for any other legal purpose.
We will receive any information that you provide to us. Information gathered through voluntary surveys will be used to monitor and improve OBR, our website, and Services. OBR may use any information that you provide us when responding to a survey to communicate with you, to let you know about future surveys, OBR activities and events, and for any other legal purposes.
Contact OBR:If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact us at:
Address: 22720 Joe Holt Parkway, Peculiar, MO 64078
Your privacy is important to us, and we appreciate your trust in Operation BBQ Relief. This Policy is subject to change at any time and at the sole discretion of OBR.. This Policy, and any future versions, will be available on our website: www.obr.org. Please review this Policy periodically.
By “Opting In” to or using OBR “Text Message Service” (both terms defined below), You accept these Terms & Conditions and agree to resolve disputes with OBR pursuant to the arbitration agreement between You and OBR and You waive any right to participate in class actions, all as detailed in the “Disputes” section below.
By Opting into a Text Message Service:
- You authorize OBR to use autodialer or non-autodialer technology to send text messages to the cell phone number associated with Your profile (i.e., the number listed on Your registration form, the number from which You send the Opt-In, or the number on file for the account associated with You). The text messages you receive may be administrative, general, marketing, informational, event specific, deployment related, or whatever else OBR decides to text You. You do not have to Opt-In or agree to Opt-In as a condition of use.
- You confirm that You are the subscriber to the relevant phone number or that You are the customary user of that number on a family or business plan and that You are authorized to Opt-In.
- You consent to the use of an electronic record to document Your Opt-In. To withdraw that consent, request a free paper or email copy of the Opt-In, or to update our records with Your contact information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To view and retain an electronic copy of these Terms & Conditions or the rest of Your Opt-In, You will need (i) a device (such as a computer or cell phone) with internet access, and (ii) either a printer or storage space on such device. For an email copy, You’ll also need an email account You can access from the device, along with a browser or other software that can display the emails. These Terms & Conditions still will apply if You withdraw the consent mentioned above or opt out of the Text Message Service.
- You acknowledge and understand that messages are sent without encryption, which may present some security risk.
- YOUR MOBILE SERVICE PROVIDER’S AIRTIME, MSG, AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY to text messages received or sent.
- When You Opt-In to the Service, we may send You notifications and/or text messages (i.e., General Messages, Event Messages, and Deployment Messages). These are notifications that can be enabled/disabled in Your user profile within the OBR Volunteer App or Website https://volunteers.operationbbqrelief.org/.
- Message and data rates may apply. Unless otherwise noted, Text Message Services send multiple, recurring messages. OBR may terminate any Text Message Service or Your participation in it at any time with or without notice, including, for example, before You have received any or all messages that You otherwise would have received, but these Terms & Conditions still will apply. For services operated through 18449482637, you can get HELP by texting HELP to 18449482637, and You can opt out by texting STOP to 18449482637. You can opt back in by texting UNSTOP to 18449482637. Your opt-out and opt-in request may generate either a confirmation text or a texted request to clarify the Text Message Service to which it applies (if You have more than one). To complete Your opt-out, please provide the requested clarification.
- We are able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers: Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, US Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile. Minor carriers: Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless). Please note, however, that the supporting mobile carries may change without notice, and the particular Text Message Service You join, including those operated through a different number, may be limited to specific carriers. OBR and the Mobile Carriers (for example, Verizon Wireless) are NOT liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- Message and data rates may apply for any messages sent whether to You from OBR or messages sent to OBR from You. Contact Your wireless provider for more information about Your text plan or data plan. Text Message Service is not compatible with all cell phone models and mobile devices. If You have questions about the Text Message Service provided by OBR, email us at email@example.com.
1. “Text Message Service” includes any arrangement or situation in which OBR sends text messages.
2. “Opting-In” and “Opt-In” mean joining, signing up, enrolling, requesting, electing, selecting, or otherwise consenting to receive one or more OBR text messages.
3. “Opting-Out” and “Opt-Out” means to choose not to receive messages from OBR.
We respect your preferences, and you have the option to opt-out of receiving SMS messages from us at any time. You can manage your SMS preferences within your user profile in our mobile application. If you choose to opt-out, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us, except for essential
communications required for the operation of our Services. To opt-out of SMS messaging please reply to any SMS message from us with the word “STOP”.
Verification of Phone Number
For individuals who elect to volunteer in person at our events, we require a valid and verified phone number. This phone number is essential for contacting you in case of emergencies, scheduling, event-related communication, and any other legal purposes.
Your phone number will be securely stored and used solely by Operation BBQ Relief for legitimate business purposes including, but not limited to, communications related to your volunteer activities and your connection with OBR.
Your privacy is important to us, and we take all necessary steps to protect your personal information, including your phone number. If you have any questions or concerns regarding SMS messages or the use of your phone number, please contact OBR at:
OBR Address: 22720 Joe Holt Parkway, Peculiar, MO 64078
OBR Phone: 1-844-627-7353
OBR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By continuing to use our Services and providing your phone number, you acknowledge and agree to the terms outlined in this section regarding SMS messages and phone number verification.
3rd Party Integrations
Operation BBQ Relief utilizes third-party services and APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) to enhance and facilitate various aspects of our operations, including payment processing, user authentication, fundraising, and background check services. This section outlines our partnerships with these third-party providers and their roles in handling your information.
To securely process payments for donations, fundraising, goods, and services, OBR contracts with reputable third-parties. When you make payments or donations through our Services, your payment information (such as credit card details) are securely transmitted to and processed by our third-party providers. OBR does not store or retain your payment or financial information beyond the transaction’s completion.
To ensure the security of your account and protect your personal information, OBR utilizes third-party user authentication services. These services help verify your identity when you create an account, log in, or access certain features within our Services. Your login credentials and authentication process are securely managed by these third-party providers to include Facebook (Meta), Microsoft, LinkedIn, Google, Apple and not limited to additional providers. Please, never share your log-in credentials with anyone. Keep them safe and secure. Do not provide anyone other than yourself access to our Systems. If you do, we may limit or deny you access to our Systems.
Background Check Services
For individuals who choose to volunteer at our events, OBR may require mandatory background checks. To facilitate this process, we partner with a third-party background check service provider. Your personal information that you provide us or them, including but not limited to your name and verified phone number, may be shared between us and the third-party provider to conduct the necessary background checks.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our third-party integrations, the handling of your information by these providers, or how your data is used in connection with payment/donation processing, user authentication, background check services, or any other use of your information by OBR please contact us as set forth below. If you have questions about how a third-party uses your information, please contact that third-party service provider directly.
OBR Contact Information:
OBR Address: 22720 Joe Holt Parkway, Peculiar, MO 64078
OBR Phone: 1-844-627-7353
OBR Email: email@example.com
Your trust and privacy are important to us, and we are committed to safeguarding your information in all aspects of our operations, including our partnerships with third-party service providers.