A 190-acre Healing Place on the Lake of the Ozarks built to serve our Military, Veterans, First Responders, and their Families.
Introducing Camp OBR: A Dream Realized
For nine years, we’ve held a vision close to our hearts of a healing place, and now it has become a reality. In July of 2023 Camp OBR proudly held its inaugural retreat for Fathers, Sons, and Husbands of Fallen Military Service Members. Together they embarked on a transformative journey, finding healing through camaraderie, culinary therapy alongside our renowned pitmasters, and completing service projects in honor of their fallen loved ones.
With heartfelt pride, we share this video that captures the unforgettable week we experienced together. Witness their resilience, camaraderie, and dedication as they pay tribute to their fallen heroes through meaningful service projects. We are humbled and privileged to welcome these incredible individuals into the Operation BBQ Relief family.
Join us in celebrating this dream come true and continuing to ignite the spirit of compassion and community through the healing power of BBQ.
Camp OBR Needs
Are you looking for a way to support Operation BBQ Relief and CAMP OBR? Do you have a gently used but in good shape item we need below? Are you a business and would like to sponsor one of these items?
Contact Stan Hays at 816-876-9019 or email@example.com
- 2016 or newer – 4 Seater side by side with bed 4X4 needed to shuttle people around the 180 acre property. (We have a need for 2 of these)
- 2016 or newer – 2 Seater side by side with bed 4×4 needed to shuttle people and for maintenance around the 180 acre property. (We need 2 of these)
- 2016 or newer – 4 Wheeler 4X4 (We have a need for 2)
- 2016 or newer – 3 Seater Wave Runners (We have a need for 2)
- 2016 or newer – 24-27 ft Tritoon with Trailer (with a 225 outboard or greater)
- Hunting Stands that can hold up to 3 large adults (weight capacity of 800 minimum)
- Flatbed Trailer – 18-24 ft (10,000 plus capacity)
- Donate Building Supplies (new items for cabins – metal siding, lighting, etc)
- Donate Furniture for Cabins and Lodge (beds, bedframes, leather chairs, etc)
Operation BBQ Relief® provides comfort to those in need by connecting, inspiring, serving, and educating in communities far and wide.
To provide support, hope, compassion, and friendship to military, veterans, first responders, Gold Star, Red Star, and Blue Star families through long-term programs focused on overcoming physical, mental, and emotional challenges, strengthening families, providing a bonding experience, and engaging in quality rest and relaxation.
Camp OBR News
- Be a place where veterans, military, and first responders can connect with each other and grow their networks.
- Offer programs and activities to help heal emotional, mental, and physical wounds through team building, fellowship, and fostering individual growth and resiliency.
- Inspire organizations and partners to take part in the lives of veterans, military, and first responders.
- Serve veterans, military, and first responders, providing hope, compassion, and friendship through activities, programs, and events.
- Offer families of those that serve our nation and communities, that have suffered a life altering event, an opportunity to connect and strengthen their family bonds through camp programming in a distraction free, hands-on bonding environment.
“The United States Armed Services neither explicitly, or implicitly, endorses, sponsors, or is affiliated with Operation BBQ Relief. Images of military persons in uniform may contain protected Military Service marks and identifiers.”
Prospective Camp OBR
- Military and Veterans
- First Responders
- Gold Star, Red Star, and Blue Star Families