The Always Serving Project®
Operation BBQ Relief travels the country year-round always serving those in need – not only during times of crisis. In 2019, we launched The Always Serving Project®, where we help communities across America provide meals to veterans, first responders, frontline health workers, the military community, essential employees, and the homeless in need through educational and event programs.
Use education as a catalyst to Connect, Inspire, Serve, Educate and Feed those in need.
Educate veterans, first responders, the military community, frontline health workers, and youth on the science and art of BBQ to inspire the spirit of BBQ to help serve those in need.
Feeding Communities in Need
- Conduct live, virtual, and hybrid BBQ workshops
- Connect participants with volunteer opportunities to help feed their communities
- Educate on the art, craft, and science of BBQ and its impact on the spirit of those we serve
- Inspire participants to use their BBQ skills to initiate change
- Teach participants how to serve communities in need through BBQ events
- Give back to our first responders, military, and veterans by teaching them the basics of BBQ.
- Train individuals to potentially respond to food insecurity during natural disasters.
- Serve meals to the community and address the fight on hunger.
BBQ Academy Jr.
- Teach youth and their families about nutrition, especially in socio-economically challenged areas.
- Show the benefits of a healthy diet via hands-on instruction in meal selection and cooking.
- Improve food knowledge in families and serve meals to communities in need.
Days of Giving
- Show gratitude through event programs to serve those who serve us
- Provide meals to the communities facing food insecurity with the goal of serving 365 days per year
- Share the spirit of BBQ – highlighting family, friends, and community