How do I volunteer with Operation BBQ Relief?
What will I do as a volunteer on a deployment?
Volunteer duties vary, but may include communication, kitchen detail, clean up, meal distribution, delivery and logistics, transportation, inventory and warehousing, equipment maintenance fueling, etc.
What is the operating budget of Operation BBQ Relief?
You can find information regarding our financial transparency here.
Operation BBQ Relief is a recognized tax-exempt nonprofit organization, under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, Operation BBQ Relief seeks to be transparent in its financial operations by making the following information publicly available. It is our goal to be good stewards of the funding we have received and forthright in our plans and direction of Operation BBQ Relief. In doing so we strive for the following:
- Being honest in solicitation materials and truthful and clear in communications with donors about how their gifts will be or have been used;
- Having a conflict of interest policy that all board and staff are aware of and review regularly;
- Publishing financial information on a nonprofit’s website, such as a copy of the organization’s application for tax-exemption, IRS Form 990, audited financial statements and annual reports, as applicable (see below);
- Ensuring the regular review by the board of current financial statements and of the IRS Form 990 prior to filing;
- Adopting sound financial management policies, including internal controls, to ensure accountability;
- Being transparent about who is accountable for the nonprofit’s expenditures; adopting expense policies, such as a travel expense reimbursement policy (requiring prior approval and limiting expenditures to what is reasonable); (View the written policy about expense reimbursement.)
- Responding appropriately to requests for copies of financial reports, as required by the IRS public disclosure requirements.
PUBLIC DISCLOSURE POLICY
The following documents will be made available to the public through Operation BBQ Relief’s website and upon request
- Articles of incorporation and all amendments (below)
- Bylaws and all amendments (below)
- Conflict of interest policy (below)
- Audited financial statements (below)
The Form 990’s are available on GuideStar. Before being posted on GuideStar, the Form 990 will be made available either upon request and reimbursement of copy costs or by other means allowable under the applicable Treasury Regulations.
The financial statements will not be made available to the public, other than as reported on the annual Form 990. The financial statements are un-audited and are for reporting purposes to the board only. The financial statements represent the current understanding of the financial picture at that snapshot in time, and as such are reviewed by the board of directors. Without an independent audit or review of the financial statements and the information from which they are prepared, the corporation believes that it would be unwise to make them available to the public. The information set forth in the Form 990 has at least received the advice of the organization’s independent accountant in its preparation, and to that extent, is a better picture of the organization’s financial condition than the informal financial statements presented to the board during the year.
Program Expenses = All expenses directly or indirectly incurred towards our mission, disaster response.
Non Program Expenses = All expenses not directly or indirectly incurred to our mission, disaster response.
Articles of Incorporation / Corporate Documents
Articles of Incorporation
501.c.3 Determination Letter
Bylaws / Applicable Amendments
2022 - 2022-OBR-990, 2022 Audit
2021 - 2021-OBR-990, 2021 Audit
2020 - 2020-OBR-990, 2020 Audit
2019 - 2019-OBR-990
2018 - 2018-OBR-990
2017 - 2017-OBR-990
2016 - 2016-OBR-990
2015 - 2015-OBR-990
2014 - 2013-OBR-990
2012 - 2012-OBR-990
Operation BBQ Relief Annual Report
2021 Annual Report
2020 Annual Report
Operation BBQ Relief Corporate Policies
Conflict of Interest Policy
Non-Discrimination Statement and Policy
Diversity & Inclusion Policy