Grilling 4 Good
Virtual Grilling Competition
to benefit Camp OBR and Veterans Matter
Brought to you by
Operation BBQ Relief®
Virtual Grilling Competition – Grilling 4 Good™
October 16, 2023 (Revised, November 1, 2023)
1. Official Rules: These are the official rules of the Operation BBQ Relief ® (“OBR” or “Host” or “Us” or “Our”) Grilling 4 Good fundraising contest (the “Contest”). Collectively, these rules will be the “Rules”. In these Rules, we may refer to contest entrants as “You” or “Your” or “Their” or “Entrants” or “Participants”. “Grilling 4 Good” is a trademark owned by Host. This Contest will benefit Operation BBQ Relief and Veterans Matter, each a nonprofit corporation recognized as tax exempt under Section 501(C)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
2. Purchase Necessary: There is a required entry fee of fifty dollars ($50.00) to enter the Contest (the “Contest Fee”). This Contest Fee is required to participate. Payment of the Contest Fee while required to enter, will not improve Your chances of winning. All Entrants, officially registered during Round 1 (defined below) in compliance with these Rules, will receive a “Grilling 4 Good” t-shirt. Your Contest Fee is not a charitable donation.
3. Eligibility: The Contest is only open to natural persons, who are citizens or legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry, and who have satisfied the entry requirements set forth in these Rules. The Contest is void outside of the U.S.A., in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other United States territories and possessions. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Neither Host, Veterans Matter, or Tiltify, nor any Host entity, employee, officer, director, volunteer, or agent, is responsible for any entry that is lost, late, mutilated, not properly submitted, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, undelivered, fraudulent, or duplicative, whether due to system errors, omissions, interruption, deletions, defects, delay in operations or transmissions, theft, or destruction or failures, faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, human error, entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, faulty transmissions, technical malfunctions, or otherwise. Only Participants that are officially registered, according to the Tiltify System, prior to 11:59 PM CST on October 31, 2023, are eligible to participate in the Contest pursuant to these Rules.
4. Host: The Contest Host is OBR, a Missouri nonprofit corporation with its principal place of business located at 22720 Joe Holt Parkway, Peculiar, MO 64078. Host, Veterans Matter, and Tiltify, and their/its respective affiliates, successors, assigns, agents, representatives, directors, officers, and employees, and any entity involved with the development, production, implementation, administration, judging, or fulfillment of the Contest, including without limitation, the immediate family members of such individuals, are not eligible to advance past Round 1 (defined below) nor win any prizes in the Contest. Host will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these Rules.
5. Entry Period: Contest Registration opens when the Webpage (defined below) goes live, and ends on October 31, 2023, at 11:59 PM Central (the “Registration Period”).
6. How to Register: Registration for this Contest will only occur here https://tiltify.com/operation-bbq-relief/grilling-4-good (the “Webpage”), which is accessible from the OBR contest landing page https://operationbbqrelief.org/grilling-4-good/. During the Registration Period, to be officially registered, You must have satisfied all of the criteria set forth in these Rules including but not limited to being registered via the Webpage, having Your Contest Entry Fee paid, You must have created a voting/fundraising page via the Webpage, and You must have uploaded your Burger Creation photograph prior to the close of the Registration Period.
To be eligible to win prizes in this Contest all Entrants must elect to receive marketing correspondence and other communications from OBR via email and text message on the Webpage or as otherwise requested by the Host. Without your permission to contact You, we cannot let You know the results of Your participation in the Contest. As part of this Registration process, You will be asked to provide basic contact information, including Your name, street address, phone number, and email address. (NOTE: You must complete all required fields during the Registration process or Your registration will be invalid). The Host will send Your contest t-shirt, and any prizes you might win, to the address you provide during Your Registration. You understand that You are providing Your information to the Host and that the Host may use the information you provide to it for any lawful purpose in the Host’s sole discretion. All entries and registrations become the property of the Host, and none will be acknowledged or returned.
7. Contest Details and Judging Criteria: This is a Photo Contest. The photo of Your burger is what will be voted upon (defined below) and judged. You may be required to submit Your burger recipe. Failure to submit your burger recipe upon request by Host will result in Your disqualification from the Contest. Your burger creation can be a protein of any kind, or a protein substitute, flanked in between any two pieces of edible substance that act as a burger bun. Your burger creation can be as standard or creative and unique as You choose.
After You are officially registered to participate according to these Rules and You have paid your Contest Fee, the Contest begins for You. This Contest will occur using a system of “Rounds”. There will be three rounds: Round 1, Round 2, and Round 3. The way you advance from Round 1 to Round 2 will be based on Your fundraising efforts (i.e., the number of votes you receive). People will have an opportunity to vote for your Burger Creation Photo by donating money via Your fundraising page on Tiltify. Each dollar donated will equate to one (1) vote for Your Burger Creation Photograph. People will “vote” for Your Burger Creation Photo via the Tiltify system using Your contest fundraising page. The Entrants that are in the top 10 of fundraisers (top 10 vote getters) at the expiration of Round 1 will advance to Round 2. Round 1 will end at 11:59 PM CST on October 31, 2023. Round 2 will begin at 12:00:00 AM CST on November 1, 2023, and will end at 11:59 PM CST on November 11, 2023. For Round 2, the Contest will start over. Round 2 will be a unique and separate fundraising drive from Round 1. In other words, those competing in Round 2 will enter Round 2 with no money fundraised, or said another way, zero (0) votes. Round 2 will take place via fundraising (voting) on the following webpage: https://tiltify.com/@saino42/grilling-4-good-finals. Once again, like in Round 1, each dollar donated to Your Burger Creation Photo in Round 2 will equate to one (1) vote for Your photo.
The top five (5) fundraisers (vote getters) at the end of Round 2, which ends at 11:59 PM CST on November 11, 2023, will advance to Round 3. All decisions related to who advances from Round 1 to Round 2 and then Round 2 to Round 3 are in the absolute and sole discretion of the Host. The Host will base its decisions off the quantitative data available to it at the close of each Round and pursuant to these Rules. Only Participants eligible to advance out of Round 1 may advance to Round 2 or Round 3.
Round 3 will be the final round of judging. On or about November 12 to November 18, 2023, the Host will conduct Round 3. Round 3 will be judged by one or more judges selected by Host. Host has the sole discretion to appoint the judges. The judge(s) will judge the Round 3 Participant’s Burger Creation Photographs based on the “Judging Criteria.” The decision by the judge(s) will be final. The Round 3 burger creation photos will be judged on a scale of 1 to 10 points, with 1 being the lowest score and 10 being the highest score, as follows:
• Burger Creation Appearance: How is the look and appearance of the Burger Creation?
• Burger Creation Craveability: How much does this photo make you want to bite into it?
• Burger Creation Texture: Does the photo of the Burger Creation appear to have an appetizing texture?
• Burger Creation Creativity: How creative is the entry?
The highest possible score a Participant may receive in Round 3 is a score of 40 points. The winner of the Contest will be the Participant with the highest numerical score as determined in the sole discretion of the judge(s) during Round 3. During Round 3 each judge will use a scorecard that has been provided to the judge by the Host. This will be the official scorecard. All decisions made by the Host are final and in the sole discretion of the Host.
8. Limitations on Entries: There is a strict limit of one entry per person. Individuals are not permitted to create or have more than one Registration. No third-party entry or entry through any sweepstakes service is permitted. Any person who attempts or otherwise encourages the entry of multiple or false profiles or entries, contact information under multiple identities, or uses any device to or artifice to enter or encourage multiple or false entries or profiles, as solely determined by Host, will be disqualified. Use of robotic entry devices is strictly prohibited.
9. Your Entries, Information, Submissions, and Persona: Everything You submit, upload, or otherwise do in relation to this Contest becomes the property of Host as if this were a “Work for Hire” arrangement between You and the Host. All entries, information, data, photos, recipes, and more that You provide or submit, or that get supplied to submitted to Host, related to this Contest, including but not limited to Your photo submissions, Your recipe, Your name, Your likeness, Your voice, Your burger creation, Your personally identifiable data, any donor/voter information, and the like, immediately become the sole and exclusive property of Host. By submitting anything to the Host related to this Contest You agree to the terms and conditions as set forth in these Rules. The Host may use anything You provide or submit during the Contest, including but not limited to Your information, photos, recipes, names, likenesses, voices, and whatever else Host may receive related to this Contest, for any legal purpose whatsoever, in the Host’s sole discretion. By participating in this Contest, You consent to this transfer of ownership set forth in these Rules. The Host may use Your name, likeness, information, photos, recipes, and entry all without any further consent for You or payment to You. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction determines that ownership in Your entry, photos, data, information, likeness, voice, recipe, and submissions has not transferred to Host, then You, by entering this Contest, grant to the Host a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitize, and otherwise use Your submission, entry, data, information, photo, recipe, voice, likeness, and whatever else You submit to Host for any legal purpose in Host’s sole discretion. By entering this Contest, You waive any and all interest You may have under all copyright, trademark, and intellectual property laws. You explicitly grant any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights You may have in Your submission, entry, data, information, photo, recipe, voice, likeness, and whatever else You submit to Host, to the Host without promise of payment or compensation of any kind whatsoever.
10. Grand Prize: At the conclusion of Round 3, the judges will select one (1) Grand Prize package will be awarded to the winner to include: MEAT DISTRICT® monthly prize package for one year (as determined by MEAT DISTRICT in MEAT DISTRICT’s sole discretion), YETI® Roadside 24 Cooler, WEBER® Genesis Grill, a GRILLGRATE® gift, a GOLDEN TICKET to participate in the burger competition category at the WORLD FOOD CHAMPIONSHIPS™ (Prize includes competition entry only). Specifically related to the Golden Ticket, Winner will be responsible for all other expenses to compete including but not limited to travel, accommodations, meals, ingredients, etc. Additionally, the Grand Prize winner’s burger creation and recipe may appear in a future OBR cookbook with recipe credits to the winner. Selection of the Grand Prize winner is solely within the Host’s discretion. Any expenses not mentioned herein are solely the winner’s responsibility (i.e., shipping of prizes, taxes, installation, use, owning, operating, etc.). All prizes are subject to availability and restrictions. Winner is responsible for all costs associated with having, using, Shipping will take place before the end of 2023. Grand Prize is non-transferable, and no substitution or cash equivalent is permitted. Winner understands that there are inherent risks involved in the possession and use of the prizes and that these risks may be present before, during, and after the receipt of the prizes. Winner agrees to accept the prizes “as is” and entrants hereby acknowledge that neither the Host, nor any sponsor, is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee relative to prizes, including any warranties that may be provided by the prize manufacturer or supplier. Winner is solely responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes, if applicable. Winner must provide Host with a valid Social Security number or taxpayer identification number before prizes will be awarded. A form 1099 may be issued to the Grand Prize winner. Host reserves the right to substitute or change the prizes awarded to the Winner in Host’s sole discretion. Host will endeavor to ensure that any substitute prizes are comparable to the prizes listed herein. Host will have sole discretion and Host’s determination related to the suitability or comparability of prizes awarded versus the prizes set forth herein will be final and absolute. LIMIT ONE PRIZE PACKAGE PER PERSON. The prize(s) will be sent to the winners via USPS, FedEx, UPS, or another common carrier of Host’s choosing in Host’s sole discretion. If any prize is returned to Host an undeliverable then that prize will be forfeited back to the Host to be used by Host in the Host’s sole discretion for any lawful purpose.
11. Runner Up Prizes: The Participants who make it to Round 3 but who do not win the Contest will be a “Runner-up”. There will be four (4) runners-up. The runners-up will be awarded a MEAT DISTRICT® prize package (as determined by MEAT DISTRICT in MEAT DISTRICT’s sole discretion), WEBER® Traveler Grill and a YETI® Flip 12 Cooler. The runners-up may be required to share their burger creation recipe with the Host. The Host may decide, in the Host’s sole discretion, to include the runners-up recipe and burger creation in a future OBR cookbook (with recipe credits). Selection of the Runner up Prizes including color and other specifications, are solely within the Host’s discretion. All expenses not mentioned herein (i.e., shipping, taxes, installation, use, owning, operating, etc.) are solely the responsibility of the runner-up receiving the prizes. All prizes are subject to availability and restrictions. Shipping will take place before the end of 2023 at Your expense. Runner up Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitution or cash equivalent is permitted. You understand that there are inherent risks involved in the possession and use of the Runner up Prizes and that these risks may be present before, during, and after the receipt of the Runner up Prizes. You agree to accept prizes “as is” and entrants hereby acknowledge that neither the Host nor any sponsor nor administrator is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee related to the prizes, including any warranties that may be provided by the prize manufacturer or supplier. You are solely responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes, if applicable. You must provide Host with a valid Social Security number or taxpayer identification number before any prizes will be awarded. A form 1099 may be issued to You if You are a runner-up. LIMIT ONE PRIZE PACKAGE PER PERSON. The prize(s) will be sent to the winners via USPS, FedEx, UPS, or another common carrier of Host’s choosing in Host’s sole discretion. If any prize is returned to Host an undeliverable then that prize will be forfeited back to the Host to be used by Host in the Host’s sole discretion for any lawful purpose.
12. Notification to Winner: The Host’s and Judge’s decisions and interpretations on all matters relating to the Contest and these Rules are final and binding in all respects. Host reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner and may refuse to award a prize to a person who is not eligible or has violated a rule, gained unfair advantage in the Contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent, duplicative, or multiple means. If a prize winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Rules, that Participant may be disqualified, and an alternate winner will be selected by the Host in compliance with these Rules. Winner will be notified by telephone or email. Inability of Host to contact the winner by email or telephone within seventy two (72) hours after selection, may result disqualification of winner and an alternate winner may be selected at Host’s sole discretion.
13. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER WITH, OR VANDALIZE ANY CONTEST RELATED OR HOST OWNED WEBSITE, MOBILE APPLICATION, WEBAPP, ASSET, OR RELATED SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, THE ENTRY OR REGISTRATION PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE INTERFERE WITH OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND HOST RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES, AT LAW AND IN EQUITY, AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. HOST’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, OF THE OFFICIAL RULES OR PROVISIONS.
14. General Terms: This Contest is being conducted solely in English. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and any other document related to this Contest or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including, but not limited to, any entry form, survey, website, point of sale, social media post, flier, PDF, television, print, or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern, and control. By entering this Contest, You promise to abide by the Rules and decisions of Host, which will be final and binding in all respects. Host reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse, disqualify, or withdraw any entry at any time. Host will not be responsible for any injury, damage, or loss of any kind, including wrongful death, arising out of Your participation in the Contest. Except where prohibited by law, by entering this Contest, Participants grant Host a perpetual, worldwide, royalty free, license to use anything submitted to Host (i.e., Participant’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, or persona) without further authorization, compensation, or remuneration of any kind for any lawful purpose, in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, by Host in Host’s sole discretion throughout the world.
15. NO LIABILITY: YOU AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS HOST, IT AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, AND ASSIGNS (collectively, the “Released Parties”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS MADE BY THE ENTRANT, A THIRD PARTY, OR PRIZE WINNER(S) RELATED IN ANY WAY TO THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST AS WELL AS ANY CLAIMS, DAMAGES, LIABILITY, OR LOSSES DUE TO ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES (INCLUDING DEATH) OR PROPERTY OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM RECEIPT, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF A PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITY OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST.
16. Publication: This Contest may not be published or re-published without the written permission of the Host.
17. Questions: Please submit questions to the Host via email firstname.lastname@example.org, sent via U.S. Mail to Operation BBQ Relief, 22720 Joe Holt Parkway, Peculiar, MO 64078, or via phone by calling (844) 627-7353.