This is an exciting opportunity for aspiring communication majors and social activists! Operation BBQ Relief is a non-profit disaster relief organization that provides hot BBQ meals to those affected by disasters and the first responders helping those communities. In 2017 we were recognized by CNN Heroes as one of the top 10 finalist for Hero of the Year. We are looking to grow our graphic design team. College students that have a passion to serve in the non-profit world, are creative and want to use their skills in graphic design to help tell our story in a unique and creative way are perfect candidates for this position.
This summer internship will run (June-August), requiring approximately 10 hours per week with flexible hours. We would prefer the person be in the Kansas City metro area, but for the right candidate, we will consider virtual. For the right person, this could become a paid position.
– Assists in design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
– Incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
– Exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions, identifying the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
– Utilize strong written skills, bringing effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
– Working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
– Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
– Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
– Must have your own computer to create the graphics
– Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
– Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback
– Must provide a portfolio for review
Operation BBQ Relief is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.