Job Description: Director of Education
Position Status: FULL TIME
Reports to: Chief of Programs
Prepared Date: June 15, 2021
Position Summary: The Director of Education is responsible for the development and implementation of a structured multi-departmental curriculum, and the implementation of this content across both inperson and virtual training platforms as part of the Operation BBQ Relief (OBR) University. Additionally, the Director of Education will programmatically develop or improve existing OBR curriculum for our BBQ Basics, BBQ Academy, and BBQ Academy Jr programs. The Director of Education will work with departments within the organization, and coordinate communication with local area resources, and provide daily and final reports required and requested to executive and designated teams.
- Further develop and enhance the OBR educational philosophy, ensuring that we are giving employees and volunteers the requisite educational tools and training to accomplish our stated OBR mission.
- Develop operational, managerial, and leadership curriculum for OBR personnel in accordance with OBR policy and guidance from the Chief Programs Officer.
- Work with OBR departmental management to schedule training programs for all volunteers and employees.
- Responsible for contract development and academic utilization of 3rd party educational contractors and professional speakers.
- Responsible for all facets of event based, large group training seminars.
- Ensure all training materials and programs are compliant with laws and regulations governing the industry.
- Independently Create monitoring strategies to ensure that employees are performing job duties according to training.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Schedule/coordinate, lead, and moderate educational meetings/calls
- Assist in developing department budget.
- Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projectedproduction processes, changes, and other factors.
- Work closely with departments (Volunteers, Technology, Operations, Culinary, and Development) to ensure that the educational curriculum meets departmental needs.
- Participate in continuing education to update knowledge of educational protocols and techniques.
- Spearhead and develop a detailed onboarding curriculum for volunteers and employees, establishing a baseline knowledge across the organization.
- Work to keep training programs vibrant and entertaining in order to engage employees and trainees.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and goals.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make decisions and use critical thinking skills in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in project management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, XL, PowerPoint, Teams.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, internet browsers, web-based programs, and email.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in education; and at least five years of related experience.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in education or similar facet. Greater than five years of Hands-on instruction and Education Management experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The work environment is both rewarding and dynamic. This role will primarily be an office position, with travel up to 30 days per year. This position will intermittently be required to take part in our organizational deployments where living conditions will be more austere in nature. These living conditions can include (not exclusively) sleeping in a bunk house or trailer, outdoor work conditions in fluctuant weather conditions, longer hours than a traditional office environment, limited cell and wifi access.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.